TusomeInnovations is a project that promotes and supports the use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) in education in Tanzania. Its focus areas include E-learning, Multimedia Integration and Open Educational Resources. The organization has special programs for supporting capacity building, research, networking and empowerment of young girls and women in ICT.
- Computer Educational Games - "Tanzania Yangu"
- Digitization of Tanzatoto swahili sign language dictionary
- ICT as a learning tool workshops - helping students to search for resources and use ICT as a tool for supporting their studies
- Capacity building in integrating ICTs in teaching and learning
- Design and Development of Virtual Learning Environments
- Online Course Development and Development of AudioVisual learning materials
- Open Educational Resources (OERs) Practices
- Change Management
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY AND VOLUNTEERING
TusomeInnovations gives back to the community by providing educational support to disadvantaged children and youth. The area of focus is assisting children and youth in using technology for learning. Through our workspace at Makong Juu, Dar es Salaam , we facilitate resource searching sessions every Saturdays from 11am to 1pm. Children are provided with two hours to search for educational resources on the internet that can supplement their school materials.
We also mentor young girls who aspire to pursue studies and careers in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM). To join the program, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org